The Help Group Department of Rehabilitation Program is designed to assist young adults with disabilities to obtain paid employment through vocational assessment, employment preparation and development of job placement opportunities in the community.
Services provided through The Department of Rehabilitation Program are:
- Job skills and job search training
- Vocational assessment services
Placements in socially integrated and appropriate work environments
- On-the-job training
On-site and off-site counseling to support sustained employment
- On-going follow along services
Eligibility for The Help Group Department of Rehabilitation Program is determined by:
- Age: Young adults who are 16 years of age or older.
- Commitment: The Help Group Department of Rehabilitation Program is designed to provide assistance and support to those young adults who are interested in being employed.
- Diagnosis: Clients must have a mental health diagnosis and be a current client of LACDMH
- Department of Rehabilitation: Clients must be eligible to be authorized with the Department of Rehabilitation.
The overall emphasis of The Help Group Department of Rehabilitation Program is to assist clients in developing job skills and positive work habits as characterized by regular attendance, punctuality, appropriate dress and grooming, appropriate interpersonal skills with supervisors and co-workers, and the ability to follow instructions. The guiding principle of The Vocational Program is to focus on what clients can do rather than what they cannot do. This is accomplished through individualized assessment, training, placement and support.
For further information, please contact Heather Humphrey, Director of Vocational Services at 818-779-5272